British Marine is the membership organisation for the leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry representing businesses involved in:
- Leisure boats - seagoing and inland
- Small commercial workboats up to 24m
- Hire fleets
And all the equipment and services needed for those craft.
Members come from around 4,200 businesses in today's UK leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine markets. The turnover of those markets is worth £2.855 billion.
- Promotes the marine industry
- Provides showcases for its products, here and overseas More
- Liaises with Governments, Authorities and Agencies More
- Conducts research on UK and International marine markets More
- Provides technical, regulatory and manufacturing information and advice More
- Provide strategy, advice and practical assistance on environmental issues More
- Assists with training and recruitment More
- Advises and represents on legal and financial matters More
British Marine Members gain free membership to a British Marine region as well as groups and associations relevant to their business. View the British Marine Family Tree to see the regions, groups and associations that sit within British Marine.
British Marine is a company limited by guarantee. (Company No. 02592536) Its principal trading activity is promoting the boating industry and the organisation and promotion of exhibitions. British Marine is funded from member subscriptions and from its exhibitions.