Gosport Borough Council's core business information and support services include:
- Enabling locally accessible free face-to-face advisor/mentoring sessions for pre-start, start-up and small businesses in Gosport http://www.investingosport.co.uk/start-a-business/business-advice
- Delivering a business enquiry signposting service via email, telephone and in person
- Producing a regular business e-newsletter for subscribers (subscribe via www.investingosport.co.uk)
- Providing a business facing website (www.investingosport.co.uk) highlighting support available to start, grow and relocate
- Hosting a free to access online Gosport Business Directory http://www.investingosport.co.uk/gosport-business-directory/
It also provides additional support to businesses in Gosport Town Centre and those in the marine and tourism/visitor economy sectors.
Gosport Business and Employment Fair (http://www.investingosport.co.uk/grow-a-business/business-and-employment-fair)
To help businesses recruit and raise their profile locally as employers the council also stages the Gosport Business and Employment Fair. This is Gosport's largest annual recruitment, careers and training exhibition, with 50 exhibitors and 812 visitors at GB&EF 2015.
Employers can exhibit for FREE and, in addition to being able to network with each other, there is also the opportunity to network with employment support and training organisation exhibitors too.