The COMIC RELIEF fund is now open to organisations across Hampshire and Isle of Wight; offering grants of £1000-£5000. The programme aims to empower local people, for example improving their life skills or helping to create lasting change and cohesion within communities.
Comic Relief funds projects under four programme areas:
- Investing in children and young people to be ready for the future
- Empowering women and girls to be free to lead the lives they choose
- Improving health and well-being of vulnerable and disadvantaged people
- Building stronger communities in areas of disadvantage, deprivation and poverty
UK Community Foundations awards grants through Comic Relief's Building Stronger Communities programme area to locally-based groups or organisations which have a clear understanding of local need.
Comic Relief aims to empower local people, enabling them to create lasting change in some of the poorest and most disadvantaged communities in the UK. They do this by supporting organisations with the knowledge, ideas and ability to tackle complex problems in a way which is both effective and sustainable.
Since 2011 UK Community Foundations have managed £35 million in grants for Comic Relief and given out over 11,000 grants across the UK.
As the managing agent for Comic Relief's Stronger Communities theme UK Community Foundations run two programmes that invest in community projects:
- Local Communities (grants of £1,000 to £10,000) is currently open for applications. Please check with Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation to find out when their deadline is - there will be periods when the grant round temporarily closes.
- Community Cash (grants of £500-£1,000) is currently closed for applications. Community Cash runs alongside Comic Relief's annual Campaign and local media partners across the UK.
Priority is given to small, locally-based groups or organisations in areas of disadvantage that have a clear understanding of the needs of their community and are undertaking action to address these needs.
To apply for a Comic Relief grant please approach your local community foundation directly - Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation