Crowdfunder is the UK's largest rewards based crowdfunding platform. Crowdfunder helps community groups, charities and social enterprises raise funds from the community around them, helping people turn their ideas into reality. So far they have helped thousands of projects raise over £4 million.
Crowdfunding is a way of funding a specific project by raising donations from people through an online campaign.
You can crowdfund if you are starting your fundraising from scratch, want to set up a new project or have already received funding from other sources. In fact many organisations chose to use Crowdfunder as match funding to unlock much larger pots of money.
How does it work?
- To start your project you'll need to decide on the amount you need to raise and explain how you are going to use the money through an online video.
- Once your project page is live you invite your community to back the project with pledges of cash. You can also ask people to donate time and skills towards projects.
- When a person backs a project they get a 'reward' from the project. Rewards are normally a product, service or experience that is produced by the project.
- Supported by Crowdfunder, you promote your project using a mixture of social media, email, word of mouth and events.
- You need to hit your fundraising target for the money to be released to their project.
- Once you have raised the money, you then distribute their rewards to your backers - and make their great idea happen.