European Research Council (ERC) funding schemes are open to top researchers of any nationality or age who wish to carry out their frontier research. There are 3 core funding schemes and 1 additional scheme for ERC grant holders. There are also opportunities to work or gain experience in ERC teams.
- ERC Starting Grants - For top researchers with 2 to 7 years experience after PhD. Grants up to €1.5 million for 5 years.
- ERC Consolidator Grants - For top researchers with 7 to 12 years experience after PhD. Grants up to €2 million for 5 years.
- ERC Advanced Grants - For established researchers who have a recent research track-record which identifies them as leaders in their respective field of research. Grants up to €2.5 million for 5 years.
- ERC Proof of Concept - For ERC grant holders only. Bridging gap between research - earliest stage of marketable innovation. Grants up to €150,000.
- Other ERC opportunities - For researchers wishing to work or gain experience in an ERC grantee's team.