The Get East Hants Working Initiative is a new scheme, supported by Business East Hants and East Hampshire District Council, aimed at boosting local employment, job creation and business growth through apprenticeships and Support programmes.
Funding is available to subsidise wages and contribute towards transport and training for apprentices joining businesses in East Hampshire.
Businesses of all sizes are eligible for the scheme, but applications are particularly being encouraged from SMEs.
Up to two years of funding is available per apprentice.
To be eligible for the scheme, businesses must:
- have offices in East Hampshire
- pay business rates to East Hampshire District Council
- offer a minimum of 30 hours per week
- contribute towards wages for the apprentice (match funding)
What is available?
- Up to 2 years funding per new apprenticeship post
- up to £400 towards travel
- up to £1000 towards training (for over 25s)
- Those aged 19 24 and hold an A' Level qualification may also be eligible for training contribution
What can the grant be spent on?
- The grant is intended to subsidise wages and therefore will only be paid upon receipt of proof of spend on wages. Transport contribution will be used to cover costs of travel to the workplace or training provider.
For more information contact:
East Hampshire District Council
01730 234 165
Economic Development Office, East Hampshire District Council, Penns Place, Petersfield, GU31 4EX