Havant Borough Council is committed to encouraging the strength and vitality of its local economy.
The Business Start-up Grant programme is intended to make a positive contribution towards the cost of creating a new small business.
A grant of £1000 will be awarded to a business that has completed a mandatory workshop delivered by South Downs College, this will provide an overview of the business planning process.
In order to be eligible for a grant the business must:
- be based within Havant Borough
- have been trading for less than 12 months
- be new, full time and be the owners only form of employment
Applications will not be accepted from:
- people who are already in full time directly paid employment with an employer
- people who are continuing to claim out of work benefits whilst running a business
- students in full-time education - please apply after your course finishes
If you are currently claiming Jobseekers Allowance or other out of work benefits please discuss your options with the Jobcentre. You may be eligible for in-work benefits (working tax credits, housing benefit, council tax benefit) if you become self employed.
You are strongly advised to seek professional advice about starting up a business.
For more information contact:
Havant Borough Council
023 9244 6615
Public Service Plaza, Civic Centre Road, Havant, PO9 2AX