So you've got a great business idea but are not sure what to do next? The Start & Grow programme is here to support you!
The Start & Grow programme provides a range of pre and post start support to individuals who have aspirations to start a business and the capability to make the business a success.
This new programme is available to those looking to start a business, that will require start-up funding to get it off the ground and expects to employ people from its early stages.
The support provided through Start & Grow is tailored to the individual needs of the owner and the business idea, but will include one to one support and advice, workshops and training, mentoring and help finding funding.
What you could receive:
- One-to-one assessment with an experienced, independent business adviser who will review your business ideas and formulate the next steps
- An intensive personalised support programme, including guidance, advice and peer learning, leading to the development of a robust business plan
- Dedicated support in an application for external funding
- Ongoing support after business start-up
You are eligible if:
- The main trading address or home address of one of the owner falls within an approved local authority area
- The business owner/owners will be fully engaged in the business
- The business owner/owners expect to be trading three years after the business begins trading
- The business will create at least one additional job
- The business is expected to benefit from investment either personal equity or a loan/grant
This programme is looking for robust enterprises with real ambitions, for growth and sustainability, that are going to employ staff!
Is this you? Are you ready to take the next step?
To find out more contact:
Tel: 0800 652 6254 / 01252 319 272
About Start & Grow
Start & Grow is the new business start-up initiative launched across the country with the aim of supporting budding entrepreneurs with ambitions for sustainable growth and job creation.
The Start & Grow programme offers access to support that includes: one to one advice, business skills training, mentoring, access to finance support and business planning, giving the participants the chance to develop their ideas and start their businesses with the best possible chance of success.
The programme specifically targets people who haven't yet launched their business but are looking to achieve high growth and create employment opportunities from an early stage.
Supported by the Regional Growth Fund (RGF), Start &Grow will be delivered across England by the Cavendish Consortium in areas where there are lower levels of business start-up. The Consortium, made up of six regional enterprise agencies, together with National Enterprise Network, has already helped to create over 10,000 jobs nationwide and is well respected for its independent and impartial advice and achieving excellence in business enterprise.