£250,000 grant funding competition for small and medium sized marine and maritime businesses (SMEs) and new start ups in the Solent and New Forest district.
The Marine & Maritime SME Growth Fund is currently open for applications.
- £250,000 grant funding available
- £5,000 - £75,000 available per applicant
- Established SMEs or start ups operating within the marine and maritime sector
- Businesses based in the Solent LEP area and/or the New Forest District
- Competitive basis
- Creation and safeguarding of jobs
- Match funding required
- Wholly private organisation
- Third sector organisations, charities and community interest companies eligible for consideration
- Capital investment
Who Can Apply?
Please note that this fund is also open to businesses located in the New Forest District Council area.
Applicants to the fund must be established SMEs or start-ups operating within the Solent marine and maritime sector as defined below:
Definition of the marine and maritime industries
- Design, manufacture, maintain, convert and dismantle civil and military ships, leisure craft, super yachts, other vessels (e.g., submarines, RIBs, Remotely Operated Vessels, Unmanned Autonomous Vessels) and related equipment/accessories;
- Design, manufacture, install, maintain and decommission offshore wind, wave and tidal energy devices, associated substations and equipment;
- Provide related technical services throughout the lifecycle of these products (e.g. research, design and classification);
- Provide supplies to the above;
- Marine science equipment and services;
- Provide services in marine leisure;
- Maritime services.
The marine and maritime sector is defined to comprise seven industries
- Shipbuilding and repairs
- Marine equipment (note that this excludes leisure equipment, which falls within "Leisure and Small Commercial")
- Marine renewable energy servicing
- Leisure and small commercial
- Marine science
- Maritime technical consultancy
- Ports and port-related activity
If you feel that your business is a marine and maritime business, but is not captured by the definition provided above, please contact the LEP on email@example.com.