The New Entrepreneurs Foundation (NEF) was established to create a new generation of outstanding entrepreneurs who will build market-leading businesses and play a key role in driving Britain's future prosperity. The NEF was co-founded by Oliver Pawle, Lord Davies of Abersoch CBE, Sir Nigel Rudd DL and Dee Stirling in December 2010.
The NEF run a change-making programme that combines real- life business experience in fast growing SMEs with intensive training, business mentoring and coaching; connecting businesses and entrepreneurial talent through their work placement scheme, events programme and alumni network; developing awareness and interest in entrepreneurship among schools through their outreach programme.
Each year NEF select around 30 young, aspiring entrepreneurs who take part in our 12-month programme which consists of five main components:
- A Paid Work Placement in an exciting, innovative, high growth company working alongside a successful entrepreneur and/or their senior management team, experiencing at close quarters how to run a successful company.
- An Intensive, Immersive and Interactive 10-month Fast-Track Programme with workshops from their corporate sponsors such as Deloitte, McKinsey and Tesco; business schools such as London Business School, UCL and the Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning at Cambridge Judge Business School, and other specialist learning providers.
- Monthly Speaker & Networking Events featuring established business leaders and inspirational entrepreneurs such as Brent Hoberman (co-founder lastminute.com), Sir Charles Dunstone (co-founder The Carphone Warehouse), Sherry Coutu (Angel investor and CEO), Joe Cohen (founder Seatwave), Lord Young of Graffham (enterprise advisor to the Prime Minister), to name a few.
- An Executive Coach for each of these New Entrepreneurs.
- A Business Mentor from their specially selected panel to provide guidance for the New Entrepreneur's career path.