The Business Enterprise Centre brings together the university's services for business giving easy access to expertise from across the University and providing support to develop and grow your business:
- Independent reports, surveys and analysis - financial planning, forecasting and modelling and performance management
- Sales and marketing advice - develop and commercialise new products and services
- Productivity & efficiency improvement advice - reduce costs through efficiency and quality improvements
- Executive education - talent mangement to retain and motivate your key staff
Support for small businesses
- Help you apply the latest knowledge and expertise to develop new products or services, strategies or systems through schemes such as Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) to help your business innovate and grow.
- Hot Topic seminars and events keep you informed on new business opportunities and latest thinking providing opportunities to network and share ideas. This programme is designed for leaders and managers of companies in the local community delivered by respected business leaders and academics.
- Take advantage of fresh perspectives on your business issues by engaging a team of final year business students to work for free on a short-term project.
- Recruit talented and enthusiastic students or graduates for year-long placements, short term internships, part time work or graduate jobs.
- Develop your boardroom talent through the Value Added Board a short course for senior managers and directors.
The university can help entrepreneurs, innovators, investors and inventors start and develop ideas into successful businesses. The Innovation Space and Cell Block Studios provides office space and start-up communities with expert support and learning opportunities on hand.
Support for Start-ups
- Join start-up communities with incubation space for small businesses at the Innovation Space and Cell Block Studios
- Take advantage of free business clinics, seminars and advice
- Join regular networking opportunities for start-up and growth businesses
- Access funding for early stage triage and business reviews
- Meet other start-up business people and get advice from support services in the local area at the yearly Start-up Portsmouth Summit