Portsmouth City Council's regeneration and business team signpost to a number of initiatives aimed at helping local companies increase profitability and growth. This includes providing information and advice, training, skills development and recruitment support.
The Support Service is based at the Central Library. It can help people set up a business and support them once they are trading.The service provides resources enabling business people to:
- research markets, contacts and competitors using MINT - a comprehensive database of UK company and business intelligence
- get advice on intellectual property, including patents, designs, trademarks and copyright
- get access to the Westlaw UK legal database and help with legal requirements involved in tasks such as setting up a limited company or registering as self-employed
- learn about networking opportunities to develop contacts and attract new customers
- find out about funding
- get tips on training, including free courses
- borrow books on accounting, marketing, management, law, consulting, project management and negotiating skills
- read news sources, including the Financial Times, the Business Magazine and Hampshire Chamber's business news magazine
Don't forget you can follow Portsmouth City Council on Twitter @Portsmouthbiz for the latest Business Information.