Students, graduates and the University of Portsmouth itself have a range of expert talent in various disciplines, giving you the opportunity to recruit some truly world-class talent.
Purple Door offer a range of services for employers, including:
- Advertise part-time jobs. Post your job description and details of your company on My Purple Door jobs board at no cost! You can advertise multiple opportunities, all for free!
- Recruit a graduate. The University of Portsmouth offers the unique Purple Door Recruitment Consultancy, an experienced and high quality in-house recruitment consultancy service. If you are looking for a talented and qualified graduate, the Purple Door team can find the perfect fit for your role.
Working in collaboration with employers, the Purple Door Recruitment Service seeks to find the right student or graduate in the quickest possible time. This professional service is based on a payment on placement basis.
- Advertise volunteering opportunities. Purple Door work with a large number of third sector organisations proving volunteers for a range of positions, from Befriender to Finance Assistant.
- Placement & Summer Internship opportunities. Most students are looking for placements and/or internships to build on their knowledge and develop practical skills. Each Faculty within the University of Portsmouth has a placement office to assist you with recruiting students.
- Graduate Recruitment and Placement Fair. Purple Door organise one of the biggest Graduate Recruitment and Placement Fairs on the South Coast, with over 70 employers exhibiting and nearly 3000 students attending last year.
- Sponsorship. Why not promote your organisation to our students through sponsoring a careers event/programme enterprise event, careers resources or a final year project? This is an excellent opportunity to raise your brand on campus, ensuring that students have a strong awareness of your business and your interest in recruiting University of Portsmouth students. If
- Employer presentation. Delivering a presentation is a convenient and efficient opportunity to meet with students in an informal environment to promote your organisation and to let them know the opportunities that you offer. Regular employer events take place in evenings at Purple Door.
- Skills workshop. Each term the Purple Door team run a series of careers talks and skills sessions to provide students with an insight into particular career areas, and to assist them in acquiring skills required for job hunting. The team are very keen for employers to assist with these sessions, covering topics such as applications, interviews, assessment centres and professional business skills.
- Raise your on-campus profile. Whether you are looking to increase awareness of your organisation and recruitment opportunities on campus, or target specific students and graduates, Purple Door provide a range of advertising options to help fulfill your recruitment needs.
- Research Innovation Services. The University engages in industry collaborations through a number of mechanisms, including applied/collaborative research, consultancy, use of facilities, continuing professional development and dynamic workforce recruitment. It has a broad range of expertise crossing five faculties. Academics come from a multitude of different backgrounds and their expertise is steeped in both quality research and practical experience through industry application.