Social Enterprise Link Wessex (SELW) helps start up, new and existing Social Enterprises, Cooperatives and Mutual Societies to develop the '4th Sector'.
SELW provides support to social enterprise start-ups and existing organisations pitch for ESF and other funding partnerships.
- Social Enterprise Job and Volunteer Club
- Social Enterprise Business Network Meetings
- Social Enterprise Directors Club
- Social Enterprise business start up course, advice and support
- Getting tenders, writing bids and souring contracts
- Hot-desk facilities and office space to hire
- High level Social Enterprise Training, and Consultancy
- Office, Training, Board and Meeting rooms for hire
- Support to Local Government and Trade Unions
- Social auditing and social impact assessments
- Charity and private sector trading advice support in liaison with CVS and WsX
- Private Sector Social Responsibility Consultation
- Social Enterprise Park support
- Social Enterprise Health Consortia support
- SECOM Sector promotion, trading and information distribution
- Specialist Business Skills signposting
- Various 'Social Enterprise Parks' (the first being developed in West Howe)
- The Wessex 'Social Enterprise and Cooperative Health Consortia'
- A proposed small and medium size organisations infrastructure (SMO's) support network group
- Social Enterprise and Cooperative business networking meetings
- Social Enterprise Dragon's Den's for tenants of social landlords
Each of these needs people, time and resources. If you can provide any of these contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
This year SELW will be running a series of educational sessions which include collaborative workshops and networking opportunities:
Improving your pitch and then pitching it, 5th November, 18.00 19.30, Venue TBC
- Learn how to sell to more people by improving your pitch with the opportunity to practice pitching the group
Make more money' for your business, 10th December, 18.00 19.30, Venue TBC
- Learn how to ‘make more money' with an opportunity to present your business plan in a Dragons Den scenario