The enterprise team provides inspiration, information, advice and guidance to enterprising Solent students and graduates.
The team recognise that in some subject areas, particularly in the creative and culture industries, freelancing and self-employment are important and potentially rewarding career paths.
For the best ideas, the team offer start-up funding and crowding funding opportunities, the chance to be matched with a business mentor as well as support and guidance in areas such as business planning and protecting your idea, through workshops and boot camps. The support is available for both conventional businesses and social enterprises.
There are many options you can take to gain that advice and support:
- talk to someone -the enterprise team are hear to support and guide you
- the enterprise toolkit - an online resource to help you put your ideas into reality
- enterprise boot camps - for in-depth support and advice
- Solent Creatives - the opportunity to work as a freelancer with businesses within the city
- Pitching your idea - Find out how to develop an Elevator Pitch