The UK Business Angels Association is the national trade association representing angel and early stage investment in the UK.
The UK Business Angels Association represents and connects all those involved in the angel investment market, including early stage VC funds, Banks and also non traditional sources of finance, as well as advisers and intermediaries; policy makers and academics with a view to ensuring a coherent ecosystem for financing the growth of start-up and early stage businesses.
UK Business Angels Association is supported by strategic supporters and sponsors representing key players in the financial community being British Bankers Association, British Business Bank, Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Lloyds Banking Group, Nesta and PwC.
The Trade Association has a number of roles:
- As the voice of the angel investment community to government, opinion formers and business leaders at national and international level, ensuring the continuing support and growth of the angel market.
- Raising awareness and promoting angel investment as an asset class for individuals with the financial capability and experience to invest in the growth of early stage businesses.
- Promoting good practice and establishing industry standards to strengthen and build the role and capacity of the angel investment community.
- As a resource of information and expertise on the Angel market, providing market intelligence, reflecting key trends and new developments, to improve understanding about angel investing for both investors, entrepreneurs and their advisers.
- Providing a forum to facilitate access to deal flow and enabling regular exchange and interaction between investors and all those engaged in the angel finance market, and facilitating a connected ladder of finance with all relevant sources of funding.
Entrepreneurs - raising equity finance:
- Introduction to Angel Investing
- Accessing Angel Finance
- Initiatives to Attract Angel Investment
- Understanding the Angel Investment Process
- Accessing Further Finance to Grow Your Business
- Resources & Links
Investors - investing in UK entrepreneurs: