Wessex Rural and Farming Network is one of 17 networks across England who are engaging with Defra to improve they way the government develops policies for Rural Communities, Businesses, Farming, Forestry and Food.
The WRFN acts as a rapid two-way conduit for information, a provider of robust evidence and an active policy making partner for Government:
- Seeks, collates and analyses views to create robust evidence
- Collaborates with other RFNs to broaden and deepen the evidence base
- Procures research to plug identified gaps
- Works with government to develop policies that build on the evidence
- Helps to translate and deliver policies on the ground
- Develops collaborative projects for example with LEPs
- Seeks appropriate resources to make things happen.