The Solent Careers Hub is an extension of the support provided through the Enterprise Adviser Network (EAN). Through the collection of data to understand the gaps in careers-related provision, the Careers Hub will provide opportunities for collaboration, upscaling of existing activity, development of resources and sharing of best practice. Working alongside established networks and forums to reduce duplication and ensure sustainability.
Any resources created by the Hub will be accessible to all schools and colleges in the Solent area.
About the Solent Careers Hub
To work collaboratively with secondary schools, colleges, sixth forms and key stakeholders to provide support and resources to deliver the eight Gatsby Benchmarks. The Solent East Careers Hub is one of 20 pilots in England, established as part of the Government’s Careers Strategy which was released in December 2017. In this report they outlined the requirement for all schools and colleges to be working towards meeting all eight Gatsby Benchmarks by July 2020. After a successful second bid to the Careers and Enterprise Company, the Solent West and Isle of Wight Careers Hub launched in September 2019. In the Solent we want to improve the career outcomes for all young people, ensuring that they are best prepared for the world of work. Closely linking with employers across our key sectors and bringing them together with education provides an opportunity for more joined up working.
Our aims are to ensure:
1. An increased number of encounters between young people and employers
2. Labour Market Information is effectively utilised within the curriculum
3. Increased encounters with further and higher education, particularly for those young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
4. Every school develops a stable careers programme, is working towards achieving the eight Gatsby Benchmarks and raising aspirations of young people
5. Signpost opportunities for employers and business to engage effectively with education
The Skills Advisory Panel (SAP) has oversight of the performance of the Solent careers programme of activity and ensures it aligns strategically with the wider skills and employment agenda. The SAP is chaired by our Board member with lead for skills, Rachael Randall, and the Solent LEP Chief Executive is also a member of the panel. A dedicated Careers and Enterprise Company representative sits on our panel, the position is currently filled by the CEC regional lead.
The Solent Careers Hub encompasses schools and colleges from:
- the New Forest
- the Isle of Wight
Careers Hub Fund 2020/21
The Solent Careers Hub Fund for the 2020/21 academic year launched in January. Schools and colleges in the Solent Careers Hub can apply for grants to enhance their Careers-related provision.
There are two grant options:
- A Resource Grant – up to a maximum of £1,000
- An Innovation Grant – between £3,000-£5,000
Full details and application deadlines can be found in the Guidance document. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
- Solent Careers Hub Fund 2020/21 Guidance
- Careers Collective offer
- globalbridge offer
- Careers Guidance Charts offer
The application forms can be found below: