The South East Physics Network is a consortium of nine partner university physics departments (Hertfordshire, Kent, Portsmouth, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Southampton, Surrey, Sussex and The Open University) working together to advance and sustain physics as a strategically important subject for the UK economy and its science base in the South East of England. SEPnet works with industry to address skills needs and creates opportunities for industry and SEPnet partners to work more closely together.
There has never been a better time to study physics. STEM graduates, especially those in physics, are in great demand in many sectors including defence, energy, engineering, finance, IT and many more.
- offers employers access to the best and brightest students
- works with industry to ensure physics graduates and postgraduates are qualified to meet industry needs
- provides a first point of contact for organisations to link with physics academics for business and research collaboration.
SEPnet’s Employer Engagement Programme includes:
- 8-week industry placements for physics undergraduates (currently seeking placements with companies, see the SEPnetwebsite for details)
- Industry placements/consultancy challenges for physics PhD students
- Industry site visits and tours
- Employer talks and workshops
- Work shadowing and industry mentoring opportunities
- Industry and researcher networking events.
For further details or clarification of any of the information above please contact email@example.com