The British Exporters Association (BExA) is an independent national trade association representing the interests of the export community. Membership is open to all companies and other organisations resident in the United Kingdom who export goods or services, or who provide assistance to such companies in the promotion and furtherance of export activities.
Business support available to you
Created by the University of Southampton Science Park, Catalyst is a unique opportunity for entrepreneurial spirits with scientific or technology-led early stage businesses. If you have an exciting business concept but need help to successfully bring it to market, harnessing the power of our proven business incubation process could help you get there faster. Our programme is an intensive mix of high-level mentoring, commercially focused workshops and seminars with leading professionals, access to a dynamic network of like-minded individuals and a physical business base here at the Science Park over six months.
The Catapult centres are a network of world-leading centres designed to transform the UK’s capability for innovation in specific areas and help drive future economic growth.
The South East Physics Network is a consortium of nine partner university physics departments (Hertfordshire, Kent, Portsmouth, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Southampton, Surrey, Sussex and The Open University) working together to advance and sustain physics as a strategically important subject for the UK economy and its science base in the South East of England. SEPnet works with industry to address skills needs and creates opportunities for industry and SEPnet partners to work more closely together. There has never been a better time to study physics. STEM graduates, especially those in physics, are in great demand in many sectors including defence, energy, engineering, finance, IT and many more. SEPnet:
- offers employers access to the best and brightest students
- works with industry to ensure physics graduates and postgraduates are qualified to meet industry needs
- provides a first point of contact for organisations to link with physics academics for business and research collaboration.
- 8-week industry placements for physics undergraduates (currently seeking placements with companies, see the SEPnetwebsite for details)
- Industry placements/consultancy challenges for physics PhD students
- Industry site visits and tours
- Employer talks and workshops
- Work shadowing and industry mentoring opportunities
- Industry and researcher networking events.