The Catapult centres are a network of world-leading centres designed to transform the UK’s capability for innovation in specific areas and help drive future economic growth.
- offers employers access to the best and brightest students
- works with industry to ensure physics graduates and postgraduates are qualified to meet industry needs
- provides a first point of contact for organisations to link with physics academics for business and research collaboration.
- 8-week industry placements for physics undergraduates (currently seeking placements with companies, see the SEPnetwebsite for details)
- Industry placements/consultancy challenges for physics PhD students
- Industry site visits and tours
- Employer talks and workshops
- Work shadowing and industry mentoring opportunities
- Industry and researcher networking events.